Monday 24 November 2014

Last Crusade - Demo 2014 (Self-released - 2014)



Alright, next thing we'll be talking about is Last Crusade, a new band from northern England that just released a 4 tracks demo through their bandcamp.
These guys are playing an awesome melodic mid-tempo "bootboy rock'n'roll" as they say, think Templars (mainly for the guitar sound I guess), french Oi! (both 80's bands -like Warrior Kids, which they cover, Tolbiac's Toads or Snix- and more recent bands like The Veros). Light-boostered guitar, straight to the point music, raging vocals (it sounds like there are two singers, as the vocals are different on "Morally Bankrupt" as on the other songs, but I might be wrong), gang choirs, all that in english (which is kind of not surprising coming from a UK band), except a cover of "Personne" from Marseille's Warrior Kids, sung in a perfect french (probably because of the singer being from Canada, and from the Québec area I guess). They kind of remind me in a way of the french band Syndrome 81 (great band, check them out if you didn't already).
As I said, 3 great songs in english, called "Deadbeat", "Morally Bankrupt" and "Cycle of Terror", and a cover from Warrior Kids. That last cover is brilliant, different from the original, maybe a bit more "aggro", but still pretty good. A cover shouldn't be the exact copy of the original song, in my opinion, because then why listen to anything else other than the original ? Plus "Personne" is one of my favourite song from Warrior Kids, so great job here. Please keep making songs in french in the future, people in England probably don't give a fuck about it but it sounds great !
A very good surprise, that's what Last Crusade's debut release is. I definitely want to hear more from these guys, and I hope this demo will be released in vinyl soon (but I don't worry too much for them about that, as I am pretty sure it will be). Anyway, you can (and you should) listen to these songs on the band's bandcamp, and even download them by paying the price you're willing to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment